I've been watching Sony do just about everything right in regards to the consumer and what the consumer wants for awhile now. It is paying off. Sony is back in profit last quarter and raised its full-year earnings forecast, fueled by stronger demand for its PlayStation 3 gaming consoles, personal computers and televisions.
Sony said that it booked a net profit of 25.7 billion yen, or $294 million at current exchange rates, for the April-June quarter. Quite a turnaround from a 37.1 billion yen loss a year earlier. Revenue grew 3.8% to 1.66 trillion yen.
From everything that I have seen, we can expect that trend to continue.LCD Playstation profit Sony TVs
- Playboy Has Lower Losses, and Magazine Profits
- Dell profit jumps on strong sales to businesses
- What I Learned from the Super Bowl
- A House is a Consumer Good
- $123.5 million in tax refunds unclaimed