Pessimism over Social Security is at an all-time high as six in ten Americans who don't already receive benefits through the program say they never will, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll. And why should they trust their government? It's just lie after lie. They have cried wolf too often. No one in their right mind trusts a compulsive liar.
money poll social security
"There have always been a significant number of Americans who thought that Social Security would not be able to pay benefits to them when they retire," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "But since 1989, when Gallup first asked this question, that number usually hovered in the mid-40s and never rose higher than 52 percent. Today, 60 percent say they will never get a benefit from Social Security."
- IRS Stimulus Payment: How Much Will You Get?
- When Will I Get My Stimulus Check?
- Stimulus Payment: Do My Children Qualify?
- Disney buying social gaming developer Playdom
- IRS Where’s My Stimulus Payment Web Page Broken?